Not enough censorship!-Bangkok Post

March 5, 2012

[FACT comments: 400 pages with lèse majesté content but govt blocks 820,756 URLs as of February 29. What dereliction of duty!]

NACC asked to probe PM, ICT minister

Bangkok Post: March 5, 2012

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/282974/nacc-asked-to-probe-pm-ict-minister

 

A petition was filed with the National Anti-Corruption Commission on MOnday, asking it to investigate Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and Information and Communications Technology Minister Anudit Nakornthap for alleged negligence by failing to close down lese majeste websites.

The petitioner, Mallika Boonmeetrakul, deputy spokeswoman of the Democrat Party, also gave the NACC a list of websites alleged to have run content deemed to offensive to the monarchy.

Ms Mallika said she had submnitted a petition seeking action in this matter to the prime minister and the ICT minister about two months ago, but no action had been taken.  Their negligence was a violation of Article 157 of the Criminal Code, she said.

As a result, the number of websites with lese majeste content had since increased from 203 to more than 400, she said.

Witthaya Akompithak, deputy secretary-general of the NACC, said the petition had been taken for consideration. The NACC would have to decide if it fell within

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: